* First, some shallow and pedantic observations...
* Firefighter Julie shall heretofore be known as Cyclops. That poor lady's eyes are so close together it's creepy. Please don't tell her, though, as she could likely kick my ass.
* If you look through the dreadlocks and athletic build, Grant looks a hell of a lot like Mark Ruffalo.
* Along similar lines, I've decided that choir boy Matt looks like he could be Reese Witherspoon's brother.
* Anyway, up and down episode. I already don't think that's an entertaining challenge, so when you throw in the fact that it was thrown to boot, it makes it terribly boring. However, we got to see Russell's giant ego deflated at least a little bit, and I for one am glad to see it.
* Yes, throwing a challenge and dumping your own players this early on does indeed seem to be a pretty rotten idea, but I surely can't blame the group for wanting to be rid of him.
* Not sure how "Francesqua" managed to blow that duel. I would love to participate in that challenge. Definitely one that appears easy to those of us sitting on the couch.
* Anyone else hoping that Russ wins out in the duels and has to face Rob in the final one to decide who gets back in the game? That's about the best situation one can hope for, I think.
* While I'm asking questions, anyone else get bothered that they call one "Boston Rob" and the other "Russell Hantz?" Weird. It's like Rob doesn't have a last name.
* Loved the "Storm's a coming" line from the dark-haired member of Russ' concubine. Uh yeah, it is, and it'll be in the form a lightning bolt headed straight for you and blondie. Not sure how much shit I'd be talking if I were down 6-2.