Featured Posts

Feb 28, 2007

The Official Fletch Film Rating Scale

All the homework has been finished, the polls have closed, the votes tallied. Here is the revolutionary Fletch Film Rating Scale (patent pending):


"You're the best...around!"
Awarded to: The Best of the Best, Most Outstanding films.





"It's in the hole!"
Awarded to: Excellent films





"Darn tootin'!"
Awarded to: Very Good films





"You seem a decent fellow, I hate to kill you"
Awarded to: Good films




"Whatever."
Awarded to: Fair films





"I want you punch me as hard as you can."
Awarded to: Painful films




"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
Awarded to: The Worst of the Worst, Most Epically Bad films.


To avoid confusion, this legend will soon be posted along the side of the page. Accompanying any review will be a smaller version of the rating icon, along with the quote. At some point, I will probably go back and retroactively rate my prior reviews.

I only wish this was as fun for you as it was for me. Being a geek entitles you to cheap thrills every now and then, I suppose...


3 people have chosen wisely: on "The Official Fletch Film Rating Scale"

THN said...

Bravo, Fletch. Bravo.

Anonymous said...

Looks good, fletch. The problem with number-based movie rating systems is that they try to quantify something that is qualitative. I think what you've got now is a lot better. Especially with some many categories at that upper end.

StuartOhQueue said...

I'm a big fan of the ease of use that your rating system (and the sidebar widget) provides.

Also, I would agree with Abe on numerical rating systems. The largest problem I face with my own blog is trying to pin a definitive number on each film. The issue becomes even stickier when you have to consider each movie in the hierarchy of what you've already reviewed... woof!