* A good and bad episode for The Rooster (I forgot his name). Good that he found the hidden idol, despite his finding of it to be more accidental than a thought-out plan. As for his confrontation with Russ, it was good and bad. We all know that he has the idol - if you wanna tell people that Russ bogarted the clue (to the idol that you already have), go right ahead, as that only makes Russ look bad. But being the chief interrogator of the big stink? What purpose did that serve, outside of perhaps acting as a penis measuring contest? Now you've made an enemy out of a guy that, arrogant as hell or not, manages to do pretty well in the game. Yet, at the same time, I think it might work for The Rooster, in that if it was just a measuring contest, I think he won, or at least will get the last laugh. Russ' ego is out of control, and unlike his previous two runs on the show, these folks know his game. I'll be surprised if he lasts very long.
* Although I don't like Rob's plan since I'm a Christina fan, you have to respect how well it played out for him and how much control he has over his faction of his tribe. He's made an enemy of Andrea, but that seems more like entertainment for us than a threat to him.
* "I....am an EFFF BEE IIII...agent!!!" Yeah, that's pretty much all that runs through my head when I see Philip. Well, that and "Wow, just shut up, dude...."
* Speaking of Point Break, does Matt remind anyone else of James LeGros circa his surfing and bank-robbing days?
* OMG! Grant speaks! I knew he was soft-spoken, but I hadn't anticipated just how soft-spoken indeed. Despite him being little more than a Team Rob supporter at the moment, I think I'm gonna like the guy. He's gonna make a move at the right time somewhere down the line.
* Redemption Is-yaaaawwwn...
But really, I wasn't expecting much from R.I. this week. It'll start to get interesting next week when we have our first duel!
* Overall, a mostly uninteresting setup show, in fact. Tribal Council was another yawner, brought on possibly by the downpour that started up. I'm looking forward to the inevitable Rooster/Russter showdown, but who knows when that will be. And as I mentioned, seeing Andrea get in a hissy (the reaction shots of her after Matt was ousted were priceless) ought to be fun. Stay tuned...