Anyway, my appreciation goes out to Blake from Bitchin' Film Reviews, Steve from The Cynical Blog aka The Film Cynics (who awarded Blog Cabins) and Darren of the m0vie blog (who awarded the LAMB) for their gift to me. If anyone else gave it to me and I was too crappy to notice, thanks to you as well.
Here are the rules that come along with it:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. - √
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. - √
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. - √
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. - see below
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. - see below
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. - yeah, I'll do that when I nominate them
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated - no problemo
Seven Wildly Interesting Things You May or May Not Already Know About Me
I more or less already did this over a year ago, so I suppose I'll have to come up with seven new things. Christ, how interesting am I supposed to be?
1. I've set foot (or tire tread, at the least) in at least 38 states, thanks largely to two loooong driving trips my parents took us on when I was a child (San Jose to Washington, D.C., San Jose to Disneyworld). I've also spent time in a whopping five countries (USA, Canada, Mexico, France, Spain).
2. I go to a pub quiz every Tuesday. Our team name is boring (Bloody Hell - it had that name before Mrs. Fletch and I "joined"), though our results are usually not (we finish somewhere between 3rd and 5th 80% of the time, out of ~20 teams).
3. Mrs. Fletch is seven years and ten months my senior.
4. I am the youngest of four children and due to the state in which I started school and my birth month, almost always one of the youngest in my class. These tidbits may or may not be related to #3.
5. We have five pets: two cats (Franklin, Roo) and three dogs (rottweiler mix Bailey and pugs Scooter and Ted, our latest edition). We got Ted in November '08 when he was a year old; we discovered after having him for a few days that he was deaf. No one knew this (or at least shared it with us). He also had severe hip dysplasia in both hips. Ted now knows many hand signs and can run and jump like most any other pup.
6. My favorite author is Chuck Klosterman.
7. I am fluent in over six million forms of communication and can speak bocce.
Seven Kreativ Bloggers That May or May Not Have Already Earned This Award
I tried hard to think about the word "creative" and how it might apply to my movie blogging buddies (what? there are other types of blogs out there?). I'd love to grant this honor to every site in my feed reader, but them's the breaks. These are the sites who go beyond great writing to come up with stuff that I get jealous about. To use a pointless movie reference, they make me want to be a better blogger.
1. He Shot Cyrus - Scott's site has run into a patch of inactivity as of late (last post: Dec. 7), but when I think of creative bloggers, and ones in which I often smite for coming up with articles/features that I wish I had thought of first, it's near the top.
2. when is evil cool? - Yes, it's true - wiec? have me an award recently as well (the One Lovely Blog award, which has just as bad a logo image as the Kreativ one does - who makes these things?), but that's not why he's getting this one. His site bleeds creativity from every pore. He claims that he's from the "boring part of Brooklyn," but I'd think someone with this much passion and this many interests would surely liven up the joint.
3. Invasion of the B Movies - You all ought to know and love Jason, even if you might love savor the B flicks like he does. He's always trying something new and just started up a podcast of his own (and has made a short film of his own, too - ask him for details).
4. No Smoking in the Skull Cave - Becca's been mighty busy as of late, which has already produced a downturn in her blog's output, but that's probably a direct correlation to her creativity (she's an artist), so I think it can be more than forgiven. Bonus/warning: her site is NSFW.
5. Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob - I've gotta give some love to the Commander Riker to my Picard (geeks), the VP to my POTL (President of the LAMB). Nick's R2D2 covers it all, from books to TV to film, and even delves pretty deeply into his own trials and tribulations as an English teacher. And guess what - he just made his own short film, too. Head over to his site and check it out (I need to as well...).
6. The Dark of the Matinee - The whole naming each post using a song's title had me smitten when the Hatter's site first arrived on the scene. It has yet to get old, and he's even continued the trend on his podcast, giving segments such names as "New Slang" and kicking off the 'cast with "Welcome to Wherever You Are," though I had to chide him for using an album name and not a song in that case. And oh yeah, the blog covers it all, from awards coverage to lists to link love for his fellow bloggers. Become one of his
7. Nic Cage as Everyone - I can't tell you how much this site pisses me off. It is so goddamned brilliant that it makes me seethe. Every time I think about it, a rush of emotions, um, rush through me. This is what I want to do - come up with a brilliantly simple, meme-ish site upon where the vast thousands of others send me their inspirations. NCAE currently has 273 posts in January alone, and yet how many of the creations were those of the site's author? Throw in the fact that the subject is Cage (it could really be any number of people and still work) and it just makes me love/hate it all that much more.
My obligation is complete. Or at least, it will be once I leave that comment on all my honorees' sites. Thanks again to Blake, Steve, and Darren.