This is awfully similar to the Top 50 Films I posted recently, but this time it's much more about you. Besides, I thought this was a fun idea that could spread like wildfire. Also, I've had it in my drafts for some time now and I wanted to post it before some other wildly clever individual did it and stole all my thunder.
It's a simple concept (my favorite kind) - pick your favorite film for each letter of the alphabet. Some will be tough because there's too many choices (R, S, T, L, N, E...wait a sec - that's Wheel of Fortune) and others will be tough because there are so few choices that you have trouble finding much of anything (Q, anyone?). I'm sure I missed some great ones and I'm hoping that you find them.
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.
2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.
6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.
Big Lebowski, The
Dazed and Confused
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Fight Club (it won in a battle royale over Fletch)
Karate Kid, The
Lola Rennt (I'm cheating here, as I had this under "R" originally, but I couldn't toss Raiders)
Queen, The (I guess - I couldn't find anything I liked more, really)
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Usual Suspects, The
V for Vendetta
White Men Can't Jump
You Kill Me
Consider yourself tagged:
Piper at Lazy Eye Theatre
elgringo at He Shot Cyrus
Daniel at Getafilm
Nick at Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob
Caitlin at 1,416 and Counting
Rachel at Rachel's Reel Reviews
Jason at Invasion of the B Movies
Evan/Luke at MovieZeal
Paul at Careful With That Blog, Eugene
Becca at No Smoking in the Skullcave
Wayne at Reel Whore
Fox at Tractor Facts
Nayana at The Center Seat
Jess at Insight Into Entertainment
J.D. at Valley Dreamin'
I could easily tag 10 more people, but I've already gone overboard. If you weren't tagged but want to play, feel free - the more the merrier! Good luck. If you need some assistance finding films, I found this website (http://www.mysubtitles.com/index.php) to be useful. It's not perfect in its setup and it's ad-heavy, but at least you can scan films by their beginning letter, which you can't do at IMDb.