* Seriously, how did Mike not win that challenge? The silver lining, however, is that I called Natalie as the winner pretty early on. Even a broken clock...
* Speaking of Mike, here's a sad bit of trivia for you: I just had to ask Mrs. Fletch to confirm that that was his name. I refer to him as "the boring guy."
* As for R.I. - I actually like what they've done by keeping it in play. It would be a bit lame had it shimmied its way into the sunset after half the season with its tail between its legs. But no need for that, for while it's not the EXTREME GAME CHANGER or jolt of energy the producers might have been hoping for, it is a welcome and meaningful addition to the game. Sure, it takes some of the edge off the game at this stage since the supposed jury members will not yet become jury members (so, what happens with Ponderosa?), but that's a relatively small price to pay.
* God's plan is for you to leave the game, Matt. Be sure to thank him on your way out (and while you're at it, can you tell Grant and Steve to relay that tidbit to athletes who only remember to thank their gods when they win, too?).
* Sarita is so fucking useless. Matt could not have had a bigger disadvantage given the duel that faced them, and she still managed to lose.
* Then again, I call shenanigans. Why and how did Matt have a bandage for his wittle boo-boo? I say nay to first aid unless it's a medical emergency! And if he got an infection and had to leave the game, so be it - the same crappy fate has befallen better players than he.
* I don't recall seeing who voted for you...did Andrea vote against Matt?
* First the customary post-merge feast, and then we see the players building a new shelter with plenty of tools and nails? What the shit, Survivor? Stop pampering these people - if I were an early season player of the game, I'd be pissed. (Don't tell me - I'm sure the tribe had leftover tools from some Sears/Craftsman reward earlier in the game, but they should have had a set time to use said tools, after which they were taken away or something. I don't care if that's inconsistent or illogical - just tired of seeing these "survivors" get shit handed to them constantly.)
* In case you missed it, People.com did an interview with the legendary Coach, asking him primarily about his dingbat-in-arms Phillip. It's a must-read. Here's the highlight:
Will more players now adopt mythological lingo because they see it's a great way to get airtime?
When I went out there, I said I wanted to change the game. It's funny that I changed it in ways that I didn't want to or expect to. But I don't really think the stuff that Phillip is saying is a part of who he is. I think that a lot of it is just a shtick that he's come up with.