Movies watched for the first time (non-theatrically) since last week:
None! Instead, I rewatched Inglourious Basterds for the first time since the theater. Loved it even more, I think, and it's rivaling True Romance for my second-favorite QT flick. I also have a new favorite piece of dialogue, though the nature of the delivery will dampen its effect in print:
Col. Hans Landa: You'll be shot for this!Pitt's performance wasn't lauded nearly enough.
Lt. Aldo Raine: Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before.
Music I'm currently obsessed with:
* None...however, my awesome co-worker John recently burned - just for the hell of it, really - about 15 CDs for me, from Florence + the Machine (whom I've yet to hear a song of) to Vampire Weekend to Daft Punk and more. Can't wait to sink my teeth into all of it.
Book I'm currently reading:
* Just today I finished Divine Justice by David Baldacci, the fourth book in the Camel Club series. It's by far the worst of the four, and as I mentioned last week, it's bizarre how a spy thriller series turned into Walking Tall or something. That said, I kind of went along for the (somewhat stupid) ride and would say that I enjoyed it overall. The weird thing is, I know there's a fifth book in the series (at least), but Baldacci more or less wrapped up every loose end there was to wrap up. I'll check out the fifth eventually, but I can't say that I'm in any hurry, especially since I just started a new book - The Breach, by Patrick Lee. I know very little of it; it was recommended by a friend. Sci-fi thriller or some such. Stay tuned.
Things to Click On
* Steve and Brian celebrated their final show. How ironic that it was Brian that was actually the sole Cynic in studio and Steve was on via telephone. A solid finale to an excellent radio show/podcast. Guys (and specifically Steve, since he's the one that will be reading this eventually), get thee another medium for us to hear your voices. Of course, you're both welcome to join us any time you want for a LAMBcast. (The Film Cynics)
* In other podcasting news, Nick held his Battle Royale, in which the top five scorers in his ridiculously fun (and hard) game The Demented Tower squared off against each other. As I told him previously, this might be my favorite episode of his podcast yet - and I was on a different episode, so you know it's good. (Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob)
* In the last bit of non-writing linkage, Jason wrapped up his epic Bath Tub Time Machine sideplot of his Jason Makes a Video series with #4. He then topped that by providing everyone with a couple minutes of blooper reel footage. Watch that and you'll get to see me whip out my strange pseudo-Southern accent. (Invasion of the B Movies)
* Aiden hath inspired me to watch Over the Top. I'm sure I shouldn't have needed inspiration, but I got it anyway. And check out that poster!! (Also, since I'm podcast link crazy, be sure to listen to my main man pop his podcasting cherry on Kai and Heather's MILFcast.) (Cut the Crap Movie Reviews)
* Simon/Ripley delivered an epic rant about hate. Naturally. (Four of Them)