* I was all set on doing a rare Live Blog of last night's episode from my Dad's house, but damn it all, couldn't find anyone's wi-fi connection to steal. If there's an ep next week, perhaps...
* Christ, Purple Kelly is a moron, and she hasn't said more than 40 words onscreen this season.
* Both sides screwed up pretty badly last night. Holly impressed me a bit by waking up from the blank stare that normally inhabits her face and formulating a plan, but they sure as shit weren't sly with it.
* Sash was thinking short-term, and though it might work out for him, had he given Brenda the idol, it'd now be him, her, Kelly and Chase vs. five instead of the current (maybe; Naonka's a damn wild card) six-three.
* Alina cleans up nicely.
* On the other side of that is this: with Holly et al screaming "Brenda" from the rooftops, they should have just voted out Chase on the down low. He didn't have a target, Sash wouldn't have given him the idol (had no one spilled the beans) and there wouldn't be any danger of one of their own getting surprised.
* Either way, I loved the way the show played out because Brenda's and Sash's heads were bigger than that volcano the Reward Challenge winners went to. They needed to be taken down a peg, and they got a hell of a lot more than that. Also, I'm rooting for Ben and Fabio at this point, and they seem to be more in power now, so yeah.
* #(*%^ing idiots...wood chests right next to a fire...
* I'm not positive, but I think Chase wanted Benry gone last night. Does that sound right? I mean, I could be mistaken; it's not like we heard him say that 49 times in 16 minutes or anything.
* Two solid challenges. The barrel-plank-rope one might not have been, but it seemed like something we hadn't seen anything like before (though I still have yet to figure out what the purpose of the ropes was). Meanwhile, you ought to know that I'm a fan of stamina, "how bad do you want it?" Immunity Challenges, and twice now the elderly-yet-strong-and-thin Jane has come out on top. Say whatever you want about her gristly personality, she's a gamer and a tough s.o.b.
Until next time...