Featured Posts

Aug 14, 2010

The CoW is back!

First the Things to Click On return, and now the Comment of the Week (we like to ignore the "the" in the acronym up there). It's like 2008 all over again up in here!

Your old friend and mine, Kid Vegas, popped in last night with a tremendous comment, which got me to thinking that it's high time this little short-lived feature made a comeback. A minor edit: previously, I highlighted a few contenders and then unveiled the Comment of the Week. This time around, though, I think I'll skip right to the good stuff - just one comment, and it even has a sponsor. Write up something good, and you might make the cut come next Saturday. So, without further ado:

The winner of the Chong Li Memorial Comment of the Week is...


In response to the post for LAMBcast #34, Kid Vegas wrote:

"A. Hey jerk, how about putting out your weekly TGIF column timely once in a while, some of us actually want your stance on the week's offerings, I wanted your preemptive take on Expendables, start publishing that Thurs night...

2. I was verily disappointed in your teeth column, your tom cruise thing freaked me out, after a quick google search though, Tom's teeth are solid, you got tricked by a photoshop or something, and Tom still resides alongside me as one of the 5 best looking gentlemen in America

g. Why haven't I been invited on one of these podcasts, me, you, and Nick arguing before the finale of Lost would have been good listening, wasn't Nick head over heels for Hurley, and me with my thing for Desmond?

7. I thought I had one more bullet point... whatever... get this, I suggested the name Santino to an Italian friend of mine for his kid about to be born, and it didn't ring his bell, and he and his wife ridiculed for me for my suggestion... query.. would even you Fletch, the lamest of classic movie fans respect Santino?? To me it's the coolest Italian name ever thanks to Jimmy Caan...

8. Oh, I have a new column idea if my spot is still open next fall; my fans, especially Nick, would be heartbroken to lose me, if you're still coming to Vegas next month, we can discuss my contract over a cocktail or 20..."


3 people have chosen wisely: on "The CoW is back!"

Anonymous said...

Wow my comment prompted the return of the CoW, I'm very impressed with myself. I did have a pretty solid buzz last night, but hey that's when I write my best stuff... Good work getting up that Friday column, though I was a bit disappointed Expendables didn't rate a 100%.

-KV

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! check this, some of the best horror movies

simoncolumb said...

with regard to italian names, personally, I always look at the Medici family - Cosimo, Lorenzo ... and, the best name from Godfather, Appolonia - for a girl. Luckily my Dads middle name is Michael ... what Godfather name will the my first-born male get? Michael Corle... Columb.