Featured Posts

Oct 16, 2008

It's my birthday and I'll slack if I want to...

There's something about going out of town (and being away from a computer for more than 4 hours) that destroys all my blogging momentum. As lame as that sounds, it's actually true. If I were a blogging addict, leaving town would be the first step to recovery. If only my crack addiction could be solved so easily.

True as all that may be (well, short of the crack part), I'm not going to use my recent journey as the excuse for no meaningful posts yesterday or today; instead, I'll use my 32nd birthday. My arthritis is kicking up, I can't see straight, and the thought of thinking makes me nauseous.

Maybe I just need a vacation to help me get over this old age thing.


21 people have chosen wisely: on "It's my birthday and I'll slack if I want to..."

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Have you decided where you want to go to dinner tonight?

Jason Soto said...

Wow if today is your birthday, you share a birthday with my Mom. That's so weird.

Happy Birthday Mr. Libra!
-Jason

Patricia Perry said...

Happy Birthday!!!

And be assured - depsite how you may feel as the moment -32 is NOWHERE NEAR old age!

Enjoy...

Shubhajit said...

Wish you a cinematic and blogging Happy birthday!!!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!

I like your e-card to yourself. It is actually stated in the employee handbook at my firm that we get our birthday's off.

Reel Whore said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm with you on losing blogging momentum. I was away from my PC for a week and I can't seem to do more than post random clips since I've returned.

Now go and have fun!

J.D. said...

Happy Birthday, Fletchy.

Fletch said...

Well, happy birthday to your mom, Jason! I like her already.

Pat - don't worry. I don't really feel old at all. I just play it up for the chuckles.

Thanks, Shubhajit!

Rachel - there really do need to be more b-day perks. The local theater chain that we go to used to let you see a flick on your day, but no more. Maybe Denny's still gives something away, but who really cares about that?

Wayne - here's to both of us getting our mojo back. The blogosphere is void of all meaningful conversation without us. I think.

Thanks, J.D.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday!! Even though it's been 20 years since I was 32, I do remember how much fun I was having back then ..... hmmmmm, still am! Have a wonderful birthday, I'll be out here reading! (BTW, get used to the aches and pains, ibuprofen can be your best friend)

Ryan McNeil said...

Happy Birthday!

take yer time before getting back on the blogging horse: we'll mind the store for you.

Paul Arrand Rodgers said...

You're 32?!

What's next...you don't look like Chevy Chase? You love Nicholas Cage movies? You stop being Jewish?

I may only be a sometime commentor on your blog, but I thought I knew you man...I thought I knew you.

Fletch said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Linda, and thanks for reading. (PS - You should totally join the LAMB!)

Will do, Hatter. Gotta get into the groove soon, though - the above mentioned site turns 1 in just a couple weeks...

Paul - indeed I am 32. Though I'm not Jewish - I'm UnitariHindiBuddhiWictian, of course.

Marcy said...

Happy birthday, Fletch!

elgringo said...

Happy birthday! What have you got lined up? Movie night? Movie marathon? Headed out to the theater? Trip to Universal Studios? Cement hand imprints at the Hollywood Walk of Fame? Movie night, maybe? Happy birthday.

Reel Whore said...

I definitely think there is a growing hole in the quality layer of blogosphere without us, but it is just my opinion.

THN said...

Oh criminey, happy birthday. I realized we are all starved for attention, but this was a bit much.

Joe Baker said...

Happy b-day, Fletch! Can it be that I'm one day older than you?

Fox said...

Fashionably late I say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FLETCH!

I hope Mrs. Fletch got you some awesome DVDs.

Fletch said...

What's a bit much, Adam?

Joseph - indeed it can. Happy belated b-day to you, too!

Fox - thanks! I got one DVD - Idiocracy, but will surely get some more with some of the cash I got.

Daniel said...

Umm...happy belated...! Hope you had a great weekend.