Alright - talk about timing! It's time for The State of the Cabins, here just hours after that old State of the Union thingy that everyone's talking about. Of course, this State is much more important, right?
Changing up the order of things on here just a bit...
Movies watched for the first time (non-theatrically) since last week:
None! Truth is, I'm more than halfway through both Fanboys and Croupier (there's a double feature for you), but not finished with either. Ought to make this section all the more packed next week...
Music I'm currently obsessed with:
* I already owned the album this song is on (that's right, Community fans, I'm over 30, too) and loved the song, but its inclusion - and damn near takeover - in The Fighter has head it in my head for nearly a week now. What a kickass tune, and one that only gets better with more and more decibels. So crank it up!
Book I'm currently reading:
* Finally finished Stone Cold last week. Fun read. I know Jess has read these books, so she might be the only one that cares about this, but here goes. Of course I think about who the cast of characters should be played by whenever I read a book. My choice for "Oliver Stone," the lead character in The Camel Club series? That's right - "the most interesting man in the world."
My pal Buffett35 lent me his copy of The Green Mile, and that's what I'm on now. It will sadden him to hear that I'm not going to wait a month between reading each of the six parts in the serial novel, but that's what happens when I have them all available to me. Currently on book two, and it's a good read. A bit slow, plot-wise, but that's only to the service of the characters and atmosphere, and King paints a terrific picture (of a bleak situation and locale) and introduces you to a colorful cast of characters. One gripe? I get it, it's a magic mouse. Hurry on with that storyline or move on. He's making me wait too much for some good Coffey stuff...
Things to Click On
* If you are a LAMB member and have not yet taken the LIONS for LAMBs poll for 2010, DO IT NOW! The link can be found here. (the Large Association of Movie Blogs)
* Ross v Ross has officially hit the big-time. See Ross McG's interview with Black Swan director here.
* David turns 3! Wish him a Happy Blogoversary (something I still need to do)! (Hoping for Something to Hope For)
* A special nod to Simon and his humongous project in which he's putting up a post a day about each film in his DVD collection - why it's there, if it should stay, etc. Fun, but daunting. Here's the first one, from a couple weeks ago. (Screen Insight)
* If the Best Picture nominee posters told the truth. A feature after my own heart. However, there's one giant issue I have with this - they declare The Fighter as "The Wrestler But With Boxing," when that "truth" surely belongs to Black Swan (with ballet subbed for boxing, obviously). (The Shiznit)