Featured Posts

Oct 9, 2009

TGITDNMAR (10/9/09)

It's that time again for TGITDNMAR, which (obviously) stands for Thank God It's The Day New Movies Are Released.

Well, alrighty then. Five wide(ish) releases last week...one this week. Somebody doesn't know how to slate their film(s) for release, do they?
Mentioned elsewhere, but thought I'd say it again: I'll be seeing Zombieland in just a few hours. Mrs. Fletch is passing due to potential gore issues, but frequent commentor Nic Cage (if only he were the real one) will be accompanying me. I look forward to him spazzing out over the multitude of creative killings the film delivers us - that just might entertain me as much as the film will.

Couples Retreat
Ouch - I was all set to praise the producers of Couples Retreat (for putting together such a likable cast) while bashing the writers for delivering a script that smells from miles away...when I look and see that the writers are none other than stars Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau.
I don't know what to tell you; if you had only listed the stars and given me a general plot outline, I'd be in line to see Retreat. Unfortunately, they created a trailer and put it in front of audiences...and it looks like garbage. Zero laughs. Hackneyed bits involving Faizon Love's weight (he's FAT - hahaha!) and a tanned Lothario of a stretching/yoga instructor or something. Har!
Interesting note: it's the feature film directorial debut of Peter Billingsley, aka A Christmas Story's Ralphie Parker.
Fletch's Chance of Viewing (in the theater): 16%


4 people have chosen wisely: on "TGITDNMAR (10/9/09)"

Buffett35 said...

Yeah, I saw that about Billingsley. Not coincidentally, he's also a childhood friend of Vaughn's, since co-starring with him in an early-80's anti-steroids PSA! Somebody find that video, please!

Fletch said...

Check you out with the Insider Insight TM. That would be fun to see.

Nick said...

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Zombieland.

Unknown said...

The Break-Up (2006) actor Vince Vaughn is my favorite and i watched this movie because of him. i did not have much interest about this movie as many reviews grade it under C. but it was really funny movie for me. That is true it not suitable for children as it explicit sexual scenes through out the movie.

Source
http://www.80millionmoviesfree.com