Featured Posts

Jul 26, 2008

TGITDNMAR (7/25/08)

It's that time again for TGITDNMAR, which (obviously) stands for Thank God It's The Day New Movies Are Released.

Can you hear that sound? This one. It's the sound of "the week after The Dark Knight opening."

The X-Files: I Want to Believe
Am I the only one that thinks that Billy Connolly in this and Brent Spiner (Star Trek: TNG's Data) in Independence Day could be brothers? Yeah, I thought so.

Either way, that doesn't really make me want to see this more. I was a casual fan of the show (best episode ever: "Jose Chung's From Outer Space"), but I still have yet to see the first movie, and I can't exactly say that I'm dying to. The lackluster marketing, title, and trailer don't change things this time around.
Fletch's Chance of Viewing (in the theater): 10%

Step Brothers
To be seen as part of a double feature alongside Twins.

I took a pass on Semi-Pro and will most likely exercise the same discretion here. Bonus points for co-starring The Visitor star Richard Jenkins, though.
Fletch's Chance of Viewing: 30%, or equal to the odds that this hurts Jenkins' Oscar nomination chances.


0 people have chosen wisely: on "TGITDNMAR (7/25/08)"