Featured Posts

Mar 20, 2011

LAMBcast #60: The Adjustment Bureau

Can Matt Damon and Emily Blunt outrun Terrence Stamp and John Slattery? If only that was the central question to The Adjustment Bureau - the answer would be so easy. Also, it is not - but how much more complex is the film? That and many other questions are asked (some are answered) in the latest episode, starring James, Courtney (CS), Nick and me, returning form a week off as host..

Also on tap:

* Listener Feedback
* LAMB of the Week
* Trailer Talk: Super 8
* Last LAMB Standing

For the LAMB of the Week, we take a look at LAMB #550, Cine-Vue:


If you'd like your site to be a future LAMB of the Week, hit me up via email and I'll add you to the queue.




Music provided royalty-free by Kevin MacLeod's Incompetech website. Big thanks to Kevin for providing this service. The LAMBcast loves feedback, too. Either here in the comments section or to blogcabins@yahoo.com or to our Facebook page. Also, we're on iTunes, and would still love a review, even if it's a bad one.

Thanks for listening!


4 people have chosen wisely: on "LAMBcast #60: The Adjustment Bureau"

Jess said...

Great discussion relating lots of other movies to this based on topic and themes. Dark City is pretty great, but I liked this better because of the love story. Good discussions of Fate and Free Will.

Fletch said...

Thank ya, Jess! I get the Dark City comparison since there are so many elements of the stories that are similar, but the tone and atmosphere of the two couldn't be much more different. Not sure which I prefer - possibly Dark City, if only because it's much more ambitious visually.

Thaddeus said...

I look forward to listening later, I'll download it thru Itunes. I've read a ton of Philip K. Dick, and I always check out the movies based on his work. Unless the reviews are like those for *cough* Nic Cage in Next *cough*.

Fletch said...

@ Thaddeus - Thanks, hope you like it. :) It seems like all we did was compare it to other movies, which seems like a bad thing for The Adj Bureau, looking back. However, I don't think it was necessarily derivative in and of itself, just reminiscent.

Yea, Phil Dick movies are almost always interesting, if nothing else. Can't say I've seen Next, though...and hopefully never will.