Featured Posts

Sep 10, 2010

TGITDNMAR (9/10/10)

It's that time again for TGITDNMAR, which (obviously) stands for Thank God It's The Day New Movies Are Released.

This ought to be short and sweet...

Resident Evil: Afterlife
This has got to be the first time that two movies came out in the same year with the word "afterlife" in their title (the other being the Liam Neeson-Christina Ricci flick After.life). How's that for some special trivia?

Really, that's about all I have to say about this flick. I've seen no more than 30 minutes combined of the prior three entries to this series, so I'd say that the chances of my seeing this one in the theater are pretty slim.
Fletch's Chance of Viewing (in the theater): 1%

I'm Still Here
On the fence about seeing I'm Still Here? I don't see how you could be, but here's one more reason to check out the art installation/documentary/train-wreck (?) from director Casey Affleck: P. Diddy is in it. And if his recent role in Get Him to the Greek didn't tell you that he could be a comic genius playing essentially himself, imagine what he's like when he actually is himself...in a movie...opposite Joaquin Phoenix "playing" an aspiring rapper.

Oh, this outta be good...
Fletch's Chance of Viewing (in the theater): 61%


2 people have chosen wisely: on "TGITDNMAR (9/10/10)"

Nick said...

Still have yet to see "Greek," but P. Diddy was also really good in "Made."

Fletch said...

I haven't seen Made in forever, but I didn't much care for it the first time around, if I do recall.