Featured Posts

Jun 7, 2010

My favorite quote from Good Will Hunting

"Wish the hell I was your dad. You wouldn't be goin' around talkin' about takin' these stupid shop courses if I was. It's like God gave you something, man, all those stories you can make up. And He said, "This is what we got for ya, kid. Try not to lose it." Kids lose everything unless there's someone there to look out for them. And if your parents are too fucked up to do it, then maybe I should."
Oh, wait...that's not from GWH at all; it's from Stand By Me.


3 people have chosen wisely: on "My favorite quote from Good Will Hunting"

The Film Cynics said...

"You've got the touch! You've got the power! Yeah!"

Colin Biggs said...

Stephen King, what more can be said?

Fletch said...

Steve - tut-tut for Boogie Nights and all that, but you've lost me with how that ties in...

Fitz - probably not much. I was just rewatching Stand By Me this weekend and was struck by how similar that line is to the Ben-Matt scene at the construction yard.