Featured Posts

Apr 28, 2010

Ladies of the 80s Tournament - Round 2: Phoebe Cates (1) vs Betsy Russell (4)

Previous results: Libby Shue had little trouble with the future Midge, taking out Tanya Roberts 28-13. Click here to view the updated full bracket.

Well, it's the final matchup of the second round, and I think I saved the best for last...

Phoebe Cates


80s Highlights: Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Gremlins, Bright Lights, Big City

Betsy Russell


80s Highlights: Private School, Cheerleader Camp


6 people have chosen wisely: on "Ladies of the 80s Tournament - Round 2: Phoebe Cates (1) vs Betsy Russell (4)"

Nic Cage said...

Ahh come on! Aside from her "flash" scene in Fast Times, Phoebe is blah.

Betsy is smoking hot! Plus, you can't deny the high quality films Cheerleader Camp and Private School!

Fletch said...

"Well, it's the final matchup of the second round, and I think I saved the best for last..."

Or effing not. Wow - I thought this might be close, giving the Russell revelations last time.

Cage - Russell is indeed hot, but Cates is far from "blah" no matter how you slice it. I ended up voting Cates as well, though perhaps if I'd seen Private School, my vote would be switched...

Snipes said...

Cates is grossly overrated, the only, ONLY reason she's at all popular is for one scene in one film.

I'm starting to lose hope in this competition. Luckily LeBrock is still around and if she loses to Cates I'm done. Weird Science trumps one scene from Ridgemont High and compared to Russell's scenes (plural) in Private School this match-up should have been a slaughter the other way around.

JacksSmirkingRevenge said...

Im calling it right now. The winner of this tournament is coming out of the Cates/LeBrock matchup.

Courtney Small said...

Cates all the way! Sure she gets all the praise for that brief moment in Fast Times, but it is the movie Paradise (i.e. the poor man's Blue Lagoon) that did it for me.