Featured Posts

Apr 29, 2010

Dudes of the 80s Tournament - Round 2: Rob Lowe (1) vs Eddie Murphy (5)

Previous results: Well, the Patric-Swayze matchup sure was a dud, as Patrick gave Jason the biggest beatdown of either tournament, winning 26-1. I feel sorry for the lone Patric voter. And now, the final round 2 matchup on the mens' side. Click here to view the updated full bracket.

Rob Lowe


80s Highlights: The Outsiders, Class, St. Elmo's Fire, Youngblood

Eddie Murphy

80s Highlights: 48 Hrs. Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop (1 & 2), The Golden Child, Coming to America


5 people have chosen wisely: on "Dudes of the 80s Tournament - Round 2: Rob Lowe (1) vs Eddie Murphy (5)"

Alex said...

Aww I was the one Jason Patric voter just because I knew he wouldn't win and I wanted to show some love for Lost Boys.

Reel Whore said...

Awww, come on people Eddie Murphy ruled the 80s! Sure he sucks donkey balls now, but where would we be w/o 48 hrs, Coming to America, Beverly Hills Cop and Trading Places?

Nick said...

Went with Lowe.

elgringo said...

If Rob Lowe wins with a so-so oeuvre like that, I'm calling "racism."

Fletch said...

elgringo - it's about looks and resume, and if I recall correctly, the ladies loved them some Lowe. Sure, his films weren't quite the caliber of Murphy's, but a call of racism (in quotes?) is harsh, especially given how close the matchup was.

That said, I think I voted for Eddie. Lowe's always been a bit creepy (we'll just choose to ignore Eddie's trannie car ride incident).