Featured Posts

Apr 8, 2010

Dudes of the 80s Tournament - Round 1: Matt Dillon (1) vs Ralph Macchio (8)

Previous results: Institution of the 1980s Andrew McCarthy was destroyed in an epic upset by River Phoenix, 20-8. Click here to view the updated full bracket.

Matt Dillon


80s Highlights: The Outsiders, Rumble Fish, The Flamingo Kid, Drugstore Cowboy

Ralph Macchio


80s Highlights: The Outasiders, The Karate Kid 1-3, Croassroads


4 people have chosen wisely: on "Dudes of the 80s Tournament - Round 1: Matt Dillon (1) vs Ralph Macchio (8)"

Rachel said...

I will forever swoon when I think of Dillon as Dallas in The Outsiders. Too many hot guys in that movie!

Fletch said...

No one has really noticed (or said anything), but once all the seeds were settled, I noticed that I could more or less make an Outsiders brackets. Since Lowe and Dillon and Cruise were all #1 seeds, Lowe and Cruise didn't get into it, but I still manged to get 4 of them total in Dillon's bracket. If only C. Thomas Howell made made the competition...

Nick said...

Went with Macchio on this one.

Tom said...

This is the toughest one yet. I'm for Macchio here since I always associate him with the 80s. Matt Dillon has done a bunch of good stuff in recent years that I remember him for too.