Featured Posts

May 19, 2009

Tuesday's Twelve Tags #21

Last week's winner: Jess, with 17/19 possible points, which would likely be a record if I were keeping track of such things.
The theme: The 12 missing words formed the tagline "All she wanted was to make a living. Instead she made history," from the film North Country. (Jess)

Here's the new dozen. The rules are simple: I'm going to give you a dozen taglines, all you have to do is name as many flicks that they belong to as you can. Try to resist the Google. Get the most and you win. There will always be a theme, though it's worth will vary according to how difficult I think it is. This week's theme is worth a whopping 10 points - I have to negate all the Googling somehow, don't I? Hints to come, I'm sure...

1. What would you do to get in?
2. It's a heck of a place to find yourself
3. A story about one man's search... for who knows what
4. Sometimes your life comes into focus one frame at a time.
5. For a rookie cop, there's one thing more dangerous than uncovering a killer's fantasy. Becoming it.
6. Time is running out.
7. It's never too late to believe in your dreams.
8. When your life depends on losing... the last thing you need is lady luck.
9. How Fast Do You Want It?
10. The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.
11. It's not just an adventure... It's a love affair.
12. Who said anything about talent?

As you get them right, I'll mark them as gotten and stuff. Good luck.

Standings
Justin - 6
Nick, Jess - 3
J.D. - 2.5
Shane - 2
Sea_of_Green, Jason, Kyle - 1
Dead Pan - .5

Correct answers so far:
1. The In Crowd (Alex)
2. Elizabethtown (Alex)
3. Trees Lounge (Nick)
4. The Majestic (BD79)
5.
6.
7. The Rookie (J.D.)
8. The Cooler (Justin)
9. 2 Fast 2 Furious (Justin)
10. Mulan (Alex)
11.
12.
Theme - Each film features one of my Familiar Face-Unknown Name actors (and in order, too: FF-UN #1, Taylor Negron, was in The In Crowd, and so on). (Nick)


18 people have chosen wisely: on "Tuesday's Twelve Tags #21"

Nick said...

1. The Skulls?
6. 88 Minutes or Nick of Time?
7. American Dreamz?

Justin Gott said...

Best guesses. . .

8. Definitely "The Cooler"
9. Can I guess all of the Fast and Furious movies here?
12. The Sandlot

These are tough ones. . .

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex said...

1. The In Crowd
2. Elizabethtown
10. Mulan

Nick said...

I'm gonna throw this theme guess out there and say...

Each movie has an actor/actress that also acts (or has acted in) in a popular TV show.

Fletch said...

Updated.

Lotsa empty slots up there.

Nick - no dice on that guess, but (hint) it is cast-based.

Nick said...

Theme guesses:

- Each movie has an actor/actress who has/had a singing/music career.

- Each movie has an actor from your "Familiar Faces"/That Guy list.

Fletch said...

Each movie has an actor from your "Familiar Faces"/That Guy list.That's it!!! See, being a longtime (and astute) reader pays off. I didn't think anyone would get it without more help.

Well, unless Alex gets, like, all of the remaining tags (or if you get a single one), you're the winner, Nick.

Nick said...

I'm like, 99.9% sure it's the second.

As such, I also wanted to add that

3. Trees Lounge

(I discovered that one searching for the theme).

Nick said...

By the way, if you're curious as to how I figured it out...

It was Mark Boone Junior in 2 Fast 2 Furious. Then I remembered a couple other names in my cast searching... looked under your FFUN list and saw more names I recognized from the searches and realized what it was.

BD79 said...

4. The Majestic?

Matt said...

After looking into your FF-UN actors (thanks for the hint!) I think that #7 is The Rookie! I'm pretty sure Gonzalez was in that flick, although you're right, I only really remember him from Old School, hehe.

Matt said...

Oops I was beaten by J.D.

Fletch said...

Get 'em next time, Matt.

BD, JD - I always appreciate the effort, especially when there's no chance of winning...

J.D. said...

I like being a nerd even when it's pointless.

General Disdain said...

5. Blue Steel
6. The Chamber
11. Hideous Kinky
12. Art School Confidential