Featured Posts

Jan 20, 2009

Tuesday's Twelve Tags #7

Right down to bidness. Put your thinking caps on this week.

Here's the new dozen. The rules are simple: - I'm going to give you a dozen taglines, all you have to do is name as many flicks that they belong to as you can. Get the most and you win. Sometimes there might be a theme, sometimes not. This time...there IS a theme, and it ought to be a toughie, so I'm making it worth 5 points see comments. That's right - you could win without getting a single tagline correct. It's like Quidditch, but with taglines!

1. Be warned. Be ready.
2. It ain't over 'til it's over.
3. Boys will be boys.
4. They've Got Everything... including a 10 year old daughter who's suing them for divorce.
5. Every dream has a price.
6. She will rock your world.
7. Four Days, Three nights, Two Convertibles, One City
8. A gambler who trusted no one. A woman who risked everything. And a passion that brought them together in the most dangerous city in the world.
9. Some guys get all the brakes!
10. Get An Afterlife
11. Journey Beyond Your Imagination
12. With dreams like these who needs reality?

As you get them right, I'll mark them as gotten and stuff. Good luck. No hints.

Standings
Justin - 3
J.D. - 1.5
Sea_of_Green - 1
Dead Pan - .5

1. Bewitched (Rachel)
2. Rocky Balboa (Jason)
3. Space Cowboys (Jason)
4. Irreconcilable Differences (Jason)
5. Wall Street (Rachel)
6. Mrs. Doubtfire (Rachel)
7. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Jason)
8. Havana (Jason)
9. License to Drive (Jason)
10. Casper (Alex)
11. The Polar Express (Jason)
12. Dream a Little Dream (Jason)
Theme - ?


26 people have chosen wisely: on "Tuesday's Twelve Tags #7"

Alex said...

10. Casper

agh I'm so bad at these.

Rachel said...

1. Bewitched
5. Wall Street
6. Mrs. Doubtfire

Jason Soto said...

1. Bewitched
2. Rocky Balboa
3. Space Cowboys
4. Irreconcilable Differences
5. Cassandra's Dream
6. Mrs. Doubtfire
7. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
8. Havana
9. License to Drive
10. Casper
11. The Polar Express
12. Dream A Little Dream

Theme: Dream Sequences?
-Jason

Rachel said...

7. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
9. License to Drive
11. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
12. Dream a Little Dream

J.D. said...

Holy crap Jason?

Also, the only one I would've gotten is The Polar Express, LMAO.

Fletch said...

Alex, Rachel - good to go on all of them.

Jason - damnit, if you're gonna be a dirty, filthy, rotten, Google-using* cheater, at least make it appear as though you're not. :|

I refuse to believe that anyone just happened to know all of these off the top of their head. I begrudingly award you 8 points.

However, no dice on the theme.

* Or other search engine.

As a result of Jason's naughty ways, I'm upping the point level of the theme so that it's still anyone's game - the theme is now worth 10 points. :)

Jason Soto said...

HA! I was off today! HA HA!!

The theme still baffles me.
-Jason

Jason Soto said...

Hey I only had to look up the two I never heard of. So nyah!
-Jason

Jason Soto said...

The two I didn't know was 4 and 12.

The rest are either movies I own/have owned, seen the poster/imdb page for while researching a book I was writing, or got help from the fiance.

Honestly.
-Jason

Fletch said...

Which two were those? I'm starting an official investigation and putting Dudley Do-Right on the job.

Fletch said...

Hmmmm.

I want to believe you....

Hmmmm...

Havana? Really?

The jury's still out. ;) Fellow commentors, how say you?

Nevertheless, my sentence stands. 10 point theme!

Jason Soto said...

Man this is so intense. They're gonna make a movie about it called "Fletch/Soto".

:D

-Jason
PS: My dad has a copy of Havana and after I saw it I looked it up on imdb. I wasn't even sure if that was right, cause the first thing that came to mind was that movie with Drew Barrymoore where she dates that gambler.

Fletch said...

Fletch: So you're saying you didn't think it was illegal for you to use Google for those last two?

Soto: I'm saying if the Soto uses the Google, it's not illegal!!


:D Haha.

Okay, folks. All the films have been ID'd. No clues on the theme?

Nick said...

Theme - Broken homes/single parents?

Nick said...

Possibly divorce.

Anonymous said...

This is a totally wild guess and based on only Space Cowboys and Fear and Loathing.

They all have somebody getting sick while in a vechile of some sort.

Fletch said...

Nick - sorry, no dice.

Piper - only a robot would say that. Therefore, you are a robot.

Shane - I love the effort (and the guess itself), but no dice. That's the line of thinking I need for all these themes...

PIPER said...

Shit. I really thought that accusing Jason of being one would really divert the attention from me and everyone would burn Jason for being a robot and then I would be all cool thinking that I had adverted one more day of not being known as a robot. But here we are.

Anonymous said...

Wild guess number 2.

They all have a character that pretends to be somebody else.

Fletch said...

And here I left the door wide open for you to accuse me of being a robot, Piper. For shame. You will learn yet, my artificially intelligent friend.

Shane - 0 for 2. Not really warmer or colder.

No hints on this baby. Worth too many points to give away...

Nick said...

Theme -

Old people! Or at least scenes where younger people look older?

Nick said...

OH!

What about each movie having a character that works with or appears on television?

Anonymous said...

Do they all have scene in them that involves a character with a fruit? Such as Robin Williams hits Pierce Brosnan in the head with a lime (or something like that) in Mrs. Doubtfire. Del Toro smashes coconuts in Fear and Loathing.

Fletch said...

Shane, I'm about to give you points for the effort...

I'm afraid that's not it, either, though again I like the line of thinking.

Answer to be revealed tomorrow...you all will either hate me or yourselves...or be wildly indifferent. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the answer will get an eye roll. Problem is that I've only seen three of the movies, hence the wild guesses. But at least you did start it saying it was a toughie.