Featured Posts

Jul 29, 2008

My favorite two minutes from the last 20 years of pop culture

That may be hyperbole...or maybe not - it's hard to say. The brilliance of Arrested Development can never be overstated or drilled into the ground. This two-minute compilation of scenes features a running gag from the show absolutely kills me. If you haven't watched the series yet, what are you waiting for?


18 people have chosen wisely: on "My favorite two minutes from the last 20 years of pop culture"

Mrs Fletch said...

Fletch tends to be pretty reserved, but whenever the Chicken dance comes on, he has a minor giggle fit.

Jason Soto said...

Has anybody in this family ever seen a chicken?

I love this show so much.
-Jason

Rachel said...

a.) The Chicken Dance rules all.

b.) I want to be Mrs. Gob Bluth.

c.) Fox sucks ass for cancelling this brilliant show and Firefly, which employed Jason Bateman's long lost twin, Nathan Fillion.

Fletch said...

Oooohhh, this is priceless! Cu-cu-caw!

Yes, 60% of the time, this makes me laugh every time.

Rachel - you're sure you don't want to be Mrs. Funke? He is an Analrapist, after all.

There's a guy that does weather for a local station here in Phoenix that I swear could be Bateman's brother, but Mrs. Fletch disagrees with me. Hadn't thought of Fillion.

Big Mike Mendez said...

Now we can share everything!!!

I had thought that were friends, but now I know we are soulmates, in a totally straight way.

HUG!

And if you feel anything moving down there, it's just a dove!

Nic Cage said...

I have to thank Mr. Fletch for allowing me to borrow his DVD's. Great show!

Thank you so much Rachel for mentioning the best Sci-Fi series ever made. I miss Firefly :(

"I'm a leaf on the wind...watch how I soar."

Fox said...

I think your declaration is pretty much right...

Lindsay's chicken dance is my favorite. ("chee-chaw, chee-chaw, chee-chaw"). When I first saw the episode where her and GOB did the duo chicken dance b/c Michael was scared to go out with Ben Stiller's wife I pretty much lost it.

Big Mike Mendez said...

Cuckoo ka-chaw! Cuckoo ka-chaw!

Fletch said...

I didn't want to be the one to break this news, as I'm ashamed to have it, but Nic Cage is a Never Nude. Sad but true. I'd tell you how I know that, but I gotta go look for this dude Hermano - I think he's got a thing for Mrs. Fletch.

Big Mike Mendez said...

There are dozens of us!

Mrs Fletch said...

My all time favorite: "Those are balls. You're looking at balls here."

Fox said...

Fletch-

I heard there is a Motherboy competition up in your parts today. You may find Hermano there. And if you get hungry along the way stop at a Burger King for some wonderful food.

Fox said...

Michael Cera is SO cute!

Maeby: I'm surprised you tried out for this.

George Michael: Yeah, I just love the theater.

Maeby: That's great. I'm just doing it to kiss Steve Holt.

George Michael: Actually I think I'm going to quit. Yeah. Theater's dead.

Maeby: ... But he's always going to be at football practice so I'm going to have to kiss the stand-in.

George Michael: But no. No. I love the theater, and I gave my word so I'm back in.

Big Mike Mendez said...

George Michael has all the best lines! And its all in his delivery!

"She calls is a mayonegg."

"This is the form my grief has taken."

"I can see myself marinating a chicken in that."

"Talk you off what Pop-pop?"

"Or... we could frame it?"

"I bought you a wedding ring, tone."

"I think she may be retarded."

Evan Derrick said...

oh my gosh, I effing love it. I'm sending this to all my friends. That movie can't get here soon enough.

kristena marie said...

Thank you for this! Made my day. :)

WaywardJam said...

Awesome! Thanks for posting this.

Fox does suck for yanking this great show.