Featured Posts

Dec 26, 2007

A PSA (in a way)

I was recently contacted by Reid Carolin, a producer of the upcoming film Stop-Loss. He has asked that I let my readers know not only about the film, but about a side project that they're working on called Sound Off. Though I might normally see this post as simply free advertising for them, I respect the director (Kimberly Peirce of Boys Don't Cry fame) and feel that their project is worthwhile. In Reid's words, their mission is this:

"The site lets you interact directly with director Kimberly Peirce (she answers questions), and with the soldiers and military wives who have made videos of their lives. We're hoping to get the public more connected with the troops, and in the future we will be raising a bunch of money for soldiers, and also allowing users to blog directly with stars Ryan Phillippe, Channing Tatum, Joe Gordon Levitt, and Abbie Cornish."

As I told Reid, I already plan on seeing the movie when it comes out (spring '08), as I think it looks good, tells an important story and stars a getting-better Ryan Phillippe and already-great Joseph Gordon-Levitt. If any of the above sounds interesting to you, here are the links:

The main film site
The Sound Off project


2 people have chosen wisely: on "A PSA (in a way)"

Anonymous said...

the director hasn't answered questions on that site for weeks now. they say she will be back to answer 'select' questions, whatever that means.

marshall said...

director has been answering all along, many comments/responses on the site.