Featured Posts

Jun 29, 2007

TGITDNMAR (6/29/07)

It's that time again for TGITDNMAR, which (obviously) stands for Thank God It's The Day New Movies Are Released. The outlook for this week is much better than the last two, as some high-profile movies hits the screens. Next week: Transformers...

Ratatouille
Director Brad Bird may have a good resume (The Iron Giant, The Incredibles), and the reviews are great so far, but I just don't know if I can get into a movie about a French rat that cooks, especially one that is voiced by Patton Oswalt. Sure, Patton is ok in small doses, but I can't take him for a whole movie.
Fletch's Chance of Viewing (in the theater): 25%


Live Free or Die Hard
Much to my surprise, Bruce's big talk from early press must be right, as early reviews are downright phenomenal when you consider that this is the fourth in the series. It's current rating from IMDb (granted, with only 2000+ ratings) sits at 8.4, higher than even the original's 8.1 (good enough for 155th overall). Consider me flabbergasted, as the trailers have been overwhelmingly underwhelming. On the other hand, Mrs. Fletch is vehemently opposed to seeing this, so this will either be a solo outing or I'll have to rally up some buddies to catch it with, cause I think I need to see it now.
Fletch's Chance of Viewing: 59%


Sicko
Though I'll definitely see this, I'm a bit worried. Prior to Fahrenheit 9/11, Moore's films, while dealing with serious subjects themselves, have always had a sharp wit and somewhat loose mood to them, even in their more awkward moments (interviewing Charlton Heston, for example). For some reason, I just think that all the press from Fahrenheit on has made Moore not necessarily jaded or bitter, but focused and a little pissed off. I could be way off base, and I hope I am.
Fletch's Chance of Viewing: 84%


Evening
The good news? The screenwriter, Michael Cunningham, was the writer of the book The Hours, which was a terrific film.

The bad news? This has sappy, sad chick flick (albeit older chicks) written all over it. I'll wait for video.
Fletch's Chance of Viewing: 12%


1 people have chosen wisely: on "TGITDNMAR (6/29/07)"

Anonymous said...

New link to consider for your blog

http://www.2bfanatic.com/