Featured Posts

Sep 9, 2009

March to Box Office Madness final results

Though I had originally stated that March to Box Office Madness wouldn't technically end until late September, I look at the yearly box office totals and I'm declaring it safe to call the competition. There's enough separation between the contending films, and not enough time for any film to pass another, what with most of them in "minor earnings" positions with most of them having been released 8-12 weeks ago.

So, from a total of 32 films we are down to one summer box office champion (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, with a hair over $400,000,000 in box office receipts), and from 34 players in this little game, we are down to one champion. Congratulations to Wayward Jam (aka Wayne) of Reel Whore on his winning bracket (as it so happens, Wayne came in 2nd in last year's Summer of LAMB box office contest - he clearly has a future in box office prognostication!). From a possible 76 points, Wayne racked up 64, enough to win the competition by a single point over his closest competitor, Keith of Kano's Kogitation. For his win, Wayne has won a Blog Smog t-shirt provided by Dentyne as well as the DVD of his choosing from Amazon (up to $19.99).

To view the final bracket in PDF form, click here (or if you wish to save, do a "Save Target As"): http://www.freewebs.com/blogcabins/march2madnessmaster2.pdf

Here are the complete and final standings; if you think I've made an error, be sure to let me know within three (3) days of this post. Due to the possibility of an error, prizes will not be sent until such time has passed. Click here to read all about the game.

Finally - THANKS FOR PLAYING! I look forward to doing it again next year.

NAMETOTAL
Wayne64
Keith63
Linda S.58
BD7957
Jess56
Anders55
Shane C.54
Rachel51
Rik F.48
Dylan47
Alex D.46
Daniel G.46
Scott M.45
Nick44
TC K.43
Ross42
Friend Mouse42
T.L. Bugg40
Wendymoon40
Clara M.38
Jim B.36
dreamrot36
Chaka35
Ivan S.33
Josh L.32
Nayana A.32
Joseph D.31
James H.31
Mikey F.31
Derek28
Piper23
Jason S.22
Stephanie22
Rick B.19

All box office data from Box Office Mojo.


3 people have chosen wisely: on "March to Box Office Madness final results"

Kano said...

Anything for second? Damn point.

Fletch said...

Keith - 'fraid not. That is a major bummer. You dun good.

Reel Whore said...

I cannot believe that I won this! I didn't comment earlier b/c I figured someone would demand a recount. I had done the math a few weeks back and thought for sure the edge out of Star Trek by Hangover had me done for. There I was thinking how bad I sucked at the prediction game and then this. Crazy.